Friday, November 23, 2012

BRAZILIAN CULTURE: CORPO SECO


Oh hej
Guess what happened?  No, I didn't forget. This time. I mean, I did, but I wasn't even at home, btw, so whatever. It's my last year of high school and yesterday we had all that beautiful ceremony and all. It was awesome, I've never thought that I would miss that school so much lol. 
Oh well, let's go:

Corpo Seco is a man who spent his life beating and responding to his moder. When he died, he was rejected by God, the Devil and the earth, disgusted, repelled him. One day, he rose from his tomb, completely rotten and completely furious, decided to scare everyone who passed near his favorite road.
In São Paulo, there is a variant of this legend: it is said that when a person passes near the Corpo Seco he jumps and sucks all your blood (like a vampire).
There are also reports of Corpo Seco in the state of Paraná, Amazonas, Minas Gerais, in the Midwest region of Brazil and some African countries of Portuguese language, reported by Brazilian soldiers of the mission UNAVEM III.
In Ituiutaba, Minas Gerais, there is a variation of this legend, which tells that the Corpo Seco - after being repelled by the earth several times - is taken by firefighters to an apparent cave in a mountain range that lies south of the city. They say those who spend the night down the dirt road near to the place, you can hear his screams echoing from inside the cave.
Even today, there is a popular saying: "Whoever hits the mother stays with the withered hand."
Source: Brazilian wikipedia

Aaaaaaand that's it. I won't post anything tomorrow because I have my prom ball today and the ast assay for my flute recital my cousin's birthday party tomorrow and yeah, I think I won't have time. I'll try to post something, anyway.
Hej då

No comments:

Post a Comment